Popcorn's are something that everyone loves to eat. I don’t think I know anyone who has ever told me that he or she doesn’t like popcorn's. Brisbane Popcorn is not only one of the lightest snack to have but are also way more healthy than other tea time snacks like chips, nachos or cookies.
There are a variety of popcorn flavors available now on the market. Also nowadays, these different popcorn flavors are available in different forms like – in tins, in plastic bags, in some special containers, etc. But we all know it very well these packed popcorn's are full of preservatives and are not at all near to being a healthy snack option.
Making it at Your Home
You can make popcorn's at your home as well. They are really easy to cook, and it will hardly take around 10 minutes or even less to get ready. Also while you are preparing them at home, you can try on some more flavors as per your liking's, and can also remove that extra spice (in case if you are preparing for kids), can increase or decrease the amount of different flavors as per your preferences.
Homemade flavored popcorn's are the best munching partner for you while watching a game or movie at home.
Making Your Own Popcorns
In case you are interested in making your own popcorn at home, then you can go with whatever appliances and food items easily available to you in your kitchen. Before sharing the recipe, we will discuss some basic and general instructions that you should be aware of before starting the recipe.
Firstly, we will be discussing the equipment. The equipment that will be required for making popcorns are as follows –
- Microwave – We all know about it, as we pop the stored or packed brought popcorn's in it.
- Stove – We all know the use of the stove. All you need to do is just add some vegetable oil to a large pot and add the kernels to it. Let these cook on a low to medium flame until all the kernels pop out.
- Skillet/ Saucepan/ Roasting Pan/ Pot – We will require them in case if you are making popcorn's on the stove or in another case where we will be making some specially flavored popcorn to prepare and fix the ingredients like – caramel or chocolate.
- Ingredients – These can vary as per your choice of flavor that you want for your popcorn's. But one thing that is for sure required is the corn kernels.
Brisbane Popcorn Recipe
This one is a really easy recipe to go with, especially if you are a new cook or you are making popcorns for the very first time. The simple recipe is the best you can opt for making some flavoured popcorns.
Ingredients required –
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of butter
- 10 cups of popped popcorns
- 1 package of fruit-flavoured gelatine mix
- 1 tablespoon of corn syrup
- ¼ tablespoon of baking soda
- 3 tablespoons of water
- Food colour (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 300oF or 150oC and also butter a large pot or saucepan and add popcorn into it and spread it evenly.
- Mix all the ingredients like – gelatine, sugar, corn syrup and butter into a saucepan, over a low – to – medium heat and bring it to boil. Let it get boil for around 4 minutes or so, don’t forget to stir it continuously.
- After 4 minutes, remove the mixture from the heat and add baking soda to it. In case if you want to add any other flavour or colour, you can add that at this stage. Initially, the mixture will be frothy, but keep on stirring it to avoid excess cooling.
- Add the mixture to the popcorns and make sure the popcorns are evenly coated with the mixture.
- Bake the popcorns for 30 minutes in the oven. But make sure to reduce the temperature of the oven to 250oF at this time. Open the oven to every 10 minutes and stir the popcorns well. Baking will help the popcorns become crispy and also let the coating become dry. In case if you want the popcorns to be chewier, then just bake them for a few minutes only, just to let the coating dry.
- You have an option to make popcorns in your favourite colour. In fact, you can also make them in several colours. In case if you want to do that than you are required to divide the batches for each flavour or each colour. It will quite difficult to add colours after the coating has already been done.
- Serving is the key. But it’s completely up to you, how you want to serve it. You can go as creative as you can or can just simply serve in a normal regular dish.
- Make sure to store your gourmet popcorn in a cool and dry place and inside an airtight container.
This is just an easy recipe to get the best Popcorn of Brisbane. In a similar way, you can go for other flavors as per your liking and requirements. The basic that we discussed here is to make the popcorn's separately and making the flavored mixture of ingredients separately. After you are done making both of them, combine them and bake. You can add food color at this time as well as per the flavor of the popcorn you are making. The baking time can vary as per the way you want your popcorn's to be like and that’s it. Your homemade flavored popcorn's are ready to be served. You can also store them and can use them for your late night cravings.